This is Nokia’s entry-level “206” model that costs PHP 2,850. If you know anyone that needs an updated feature phone for calls and text and yeah a bit of Facebook, this is something you can recommend.
That’s all folks!
• Imaging technology that optimizes photos taken with its 1.3MP camera for sharing on Facebook
• A comprehensive social and mobile entertainment package with eBuddy Chat and a gift pack of 10 free, premium content items.
• Exclusive Easy Swap technology that enables consumers to change SIM cards without having to turn off the device.
• The Nokia 206 remember the settings of up to five SIM cards making it easy to switch between making calls or using the Internet
• An impressive standby time of up to 28 days.
Finally, HTC has their new 5″ Butterfly available in several concept stores around the Philippines.
The Butterfly is a bit late in the game, with other smartphone manufacturers already making waves with their own 5″ variant. Underground, the Butterfly is touted to directly compete with the iPhone 5 but to be honest this phone really competes with other Android devices sporting 5″ screens and up. The Butterfly’s main selling point is the screen package: protective Corning Gorilla Glass 2 with a crisp 1080p full HD display that does 440 pixels per inch. So yes, it’s vibrant and well protected from drops.
It’s like Samsung kicked Apple in the balls and said “Oh so you made your latest phone slightly bigger? OK we’re going to make our biggest phone slightly smaller just to match your dumb iPhone 5. And we’ll do it in a few months.”
This is a bit late, but SHARP sent over a semi-new AQUOS SH530U Android phone. We’ve seen an army of Android devices in the past 24 months and I’m glad to say that this one from SHARP is one of the more interesting ones. It’s pretty much what passes as a “modern Android device” sporting a 5″ screen, dual SIM capabilities and a decent 1GHz processor. For PHP 12,800.00 it’s definitely a good deal.
OK here’s the thing. I want to conduct an experiment of sorts. Many years ago I gave away bikinis (thanks Sassa!) and got a thunderous response for entries from my female readers. I’m going to put this to the test once more. You see, I’ve been looking over a lot of qualitative data on this blog’s readership care of Effective Measure and the results are actually startling. On a per week basis, 34-40% of my readers are female, and are between 24-35 years old. Of that percentage, 20% are married. I mean, wow. Never expected that. So I want to do a social experiment. With a salon.
N.B. I don’t want to stereotype, but usually, it’s the women who go to the salon, but men can win this too! =)
I’m running a contest for SALON BEAUVOIR, the most excellent Salon in Makati in my opinion because its name is just so classy. And it also doesn’t feel weird if I walk into what seems to be a traditionally “feminine” location. I’ve had my hair done here twice. Yep, you heard that right — they have a male grooming section that adds that masculine look to a portion of the salon. So yes, you CAN bring your partner here (I’m talking to you girls!) and trim his beard while you do the things you girls normally do inside a salon.
So yeah let’s keep this contest simple.
1. To win one of five hair cut + hair spa GC’s all you need to do is participate in the raffle.
2. To join, simply LIKE the Facebook page of the Salon via Rafflecopter.
3. To increase the chances of winning, LIKE 8List also via Rafflecopter. (Salon Beauvoir is a 8LIST sponsor)
4. Winners will be chosen by the end of the month, the 30th of November.
5. You can win only once. Rafflecopter will keep track of your VALID email address to send out prizes.
Check out the interior photos:
Salon Beauvoir also comes has more private function rooms for group sessions. If you’re wondering where this is located, it’s right beside Old Swiss Inn at Sommerset.