For the past three weeks I’ve been playing with both the prototype and the actual unit of Samsung’s lastest Android gem, the Galaxy S II. I first got to hold the device back in Mobile World Congress ’11 in Barcelona and it is, without doubt, the most highly anticipated smartphone in the Android universe because it’s simply mind blowing.
This phone deserves to be reviewed from two perspectives: (1) as the successor to the first Samsung Galaxy S which was also highly popular and (2) from the perspective of an Android device and how it compares to the competition.
Hi guys! I’ll announce the winner of the previous mini-contest later as I’m still going through the entries. But I already wanted to start the thread for the final contest which culminates tomorrow night. Again, we’re giving away the final Nokia X3! Our first winner (Marlon = “Messie”) was kind enough to send in a photo with the X3, quickly expedited!
BTW, if by chance you win in the second contest, then your entries for this contest is voided (since I’m starting a new round before we announce).
Yay! OK on to the rules (which by now you’re very familiar with!)
1. The deadline for MYSTERY flash fiction is at 11:59PM of SUNDAY.
2. The contest is FLASH FICTION. If you donâ€™t know what it is, this is the type of creative fiction which you can do with as little words as possible. The limit is 144 characters (including the space and periods, commas, etc) so if your limit is essentially one Tweet. Leave the entries in my comments section.
Example: Perhaps the most famous is the work by Hemmingway which goes something like: For Sale: Baby Shoes, Never Worn.. English / Filipino / Taglish entries are OK. Avoid abbreviations.
3. The theme:
MYSTERY Saturday 12:00AM – Sunday 11:59PM
Clock is based on the timestamp of the comments.
4. Iâ€™m choosing the winner. If there are any discrepancies with the rules whatsoever, Iâ€™ll have final say with the rules after considering the comments from readers. Winners wil be announced a couple of hours after each mini contest ends, also announcing the beginning of the new series.
5. This contest is open to everyone from the Philippines. if you live outside MLA, we will have to ship the prize to you courtesy of Nokia. They will take care of it. If you won once, you canâ€™t win again. But you can submit as many entries as you wish (you can even combine them if you want). Entries that are heavily offensive / done in bad taste / pornographic wonâ€™t be counted. PG-13 allowed.
6. If you submitted your entry in the previous post, donâ€™t worry I am keeping track of them, but please for new entries, submit in the comments section below this post.
The photo above illustrates 75% of all the gadgets under my custody. I own 50% of that. Inside the boxes and crates are more gadgets, chargers, cables, and over 10 lensesfor my SLR. Not seen in the photo are my podcasting equipment (mic, desktop and boom stands), 2 portable drives, ACER desktop, two MacBooks, all in one printer, Quad Core rig, my dive gear, my Randall amplifier, and extra LCD monitor.
I run a tech blog with a pinch of travel and food here and there. Before blogging, I was a tech journalist and have, in sum, reviewed hundreds of gadgets. Several dozens of reviews and 7 years later I’m still doing what I love to do. I’ve written 60 issues worth of tech-related articles and overflowed the rest into 2,500 blog posts across various sites.
I salute the more established tech journalists who have done so much more! 🙂
THEME: Display Your Gadgets
Show me yours and I’ll show you mine! The photo above is an example. Take a shot of all your gadgets and tell me your story. For such an impersonal piece of amalgamated plastic and aluminum, there is always a good human interest story somewhere there. That’s what I want you to narrate.
P.S. You know, the term “gadgets” isn’t limited to tech. If you’re a beauty blogger, show us your loot! If you’re a travel blogger, show us your gear. Show off your passion!
I’d like to announce the winner of my contest for the second week. The winner is Hannah Villasis of FlairCandy.com. She wins a P2,000.00 GC from Ayala Malls and a chance to win a Nokia phone at the end of the contest period! 🙂
Sorry Carl I know you uploaded a ton of photos during the latter part of the week, but oh well. Better luck next time! 😉