Greetings from Xiamen, China! I’m here for an overnight trip with the Lenovo and Open Communications team. We had a chance to tour the Lenovo factory where their smartphones and tablets are made. More on this in another post. Last night was Lenovo’s debut for their Q3 lineup of phones in time for the holidays. These are the Lenovo K860, P700i and S560.
EDIT: If you want a 5″ Lenovo phablet that competes with the Samsung Galaxy Note, the new Lenovo S880 sells for PHP14,999 only. It’s also dual SIM!
Lenovo is on a roll. First, they upped the bar of the PHP 5,000 thereabouts smartphone by introducing the dual SIM A65 Android device. Today, they are selling a powerful Android device that comes with a big 4″ screen and a long-lasting 2500mAh battery. This is by far the most impressive package we’ve seen for a mid-ranged Android device with all the latest updates that’s only a little over PHP 10,000. Plus, it’s dual SIM.
We have a unit with us so expect a more in-depth review. This phone is being sold in stalls starting today.
● Dual SIM, Dual Standby
● Android OS 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
● 4.0 inches IPS-LCD Capacitive Multi-Touchscreen
● WVGA 800×480 pixels, 16M colour display
● 3G / HSPA Technology
● 1GHz CPU Speed, MT6575 Processor
● 512MB RAM, 4GB ROM
● 755MB Internal Memory memory up to 32GB via microSD card
● 5.0 Megapixel with Auto Focus + VGA Camera
● 2500 mAh Battery Capacity
● USB and Bluetooth Tethering
● Portable WLAN Hotspot
● GPS with AGPS support
● Wireless FM Radio, FM Transmitter
● Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor
● Voice Call Recorder
The P700 comes with a free 2GB microSD card and 3.5mm headset.