Duke Nukem Forever was announced in 1997. After several game engine changes and delays, a second trailer has finally been released. I graduated high school, finished college, finished my masters and am knee deep into my career. Finally, I MIGHT get to enjoy Duke Nukem Forever for the PC before I have grand children.
World affairs that have taken less time to develop than Duke Nukem Forever:
* The Beatles formed, released every single one of their albums and broke up. During this time they also toured the world several times.
* Led Zeppelin released 7 albums, 9 singles, and toured around the world, crossing international borders 27 times (not counting mainland Europe.)
Science & Technology:
* The Wright brothers designed and flew the first airplane.
* The theory of General Relativity.
* The United States’ entire program to put a man on the moon, from Kennedy’s challenge to the landing.
* The American War for Independence
* The United States Civil War
* World War I
* The United State’s involvement in the Vietnam War.
* World War II and the entire Manhattan Project. Yes, even the complete development of the atomic bomb took less time.
[The Duke Nukem Forever List] Image vis Wikipedia.
2 replies on “The Atomic Bomb was developed faster than Duke Nukem Forever”
This better not be another daikatana. I just saw the teaser and the graphics were highly unimpressive
game looks like a piece of shit, and reeks of the zeitgeist of the mid 90s. It’s as if Rob Liefeld up and made a video game.