If you’re planning to buy an HTC Desire, one of the things you should learn how to do is perform a system reset. Usually, Android phones have the system rest or factory restore settings located under Settings. It’s a bit different with the HTC Desire, a follow up to the Google Nexus One. THe Nexus One resets pretty much the standard way. But this is how to do it with the HTC Desire:
1. Turn off your device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button
3. While doing this, press and hold the power button
4. This will initiate the screen seen above this post
5. Scroll down to CLEAR STORAGE with the volume controls (Volume Down)
6. Press the power button to select
7. Confirm your selection