If you’re on a Nokia, all you need to do is head on over to their corporate website and download the appropriate device driver that unpacks to iSync depending on your phone’s brand. It’s really easy to install. If the phone isn’t listed, you will need to wait a few days. Nokia always releases a new update whenever a new phone is released.
However if you own other brands and want to use a third party sync tool, you can check out Mactomster. This iSync plugin also supports a number of S40 phones from Nokia. Here is a list of devices they support, taken from their site:
Nokia iSync-PlugIns for 10.4 Tiger & 10.5 Leopard
* N-Series: N75, N76, N77, N78, N81, N81 8GB, N82, N92, N93i, N95, N95 8GB, N96
* E-Series: E50, E51, E60, E61i, E65, E66, E70, E71, E90
* Series40: 2600 Classic, 2630, 2760, 3109 Classic, 3110 Classic, 3120 Classic, 3500 Classic, 5000, 5200, 5220 XpressMusic, 5300, 5310 XpressMusic, 5610 XpressMusic, 6085, 6125, 6151, 6233, 6234, 6263, 6288, 6300, 6300i, 6301, 6500 Classic, 6500 Slide, 6555, 6555d, 7280, 7373, 7390, 7500 Prism, 7710, 7900 Prism, 8600 Luna, 8800 Arte, 8800 Sapphire Arte
* Series60: 3250, 5320 XpressMusic, 5500, 5700, 6110 Navigator, 6120 classic, 6220 Classic, 6290
* Series80: 9300, 9500 Communicator
SonyEricsson iSync-PlugIns for 10.4 Tiger & 10.5 Leopard
* C-Series: C702, C902, C905
* F-Series: F305
* G-Series: G502
* K-Series: K320i, K330i, K510i, K530i, K550i, K630i, K660i, K770i, K810i, K850i
* P-Series: P1i
* S-Series: S302i, S500i
* T-Series: T650
* V-Series: V630i, V640i
* W-Series: W310i, W350i, W380i, W580i, W610i, W660i, W700i, W710i, W880i, W890i, W910i, W960i (!), W980i
* Z-Series: Z310i, Z550i, Z555i, Z710i, Z770i, Z780i
Samsung iSync-PlugIns 10.5 Leopard
* D-Serie: SGH-D520, SGH-D520, SGH-D800, SGH-D820, SGH-D830, SGH-D840, SGH-D880, SGH-D900i
* E-Serie: SGH-250, SGH-E390, SGH-E530, SGH-E620, SGH-E720, SGH-E730, SGH-E770, SGH-E900
* F-Serie: SGH-F300, SGH-F480, SGH-F490 (V)
* G-Serie: SGH-G800
* i-Serie: SGH-i520, SGH-i550, SGH-i560
* P-Serie: SGH-P300, SGH-P310
* U-Serie: SGH-U700, SGH-U900
* X-Serie: SGH-X700, SGH-X800 Serene, SGH-X828, SGH-X830
* Z-Serie: SGH-Z150, SGH-Z370, SGH-Z630
4 replies on “How to: Sync your mobile phone with iSync”
Okay. I’ve read some opinions about this phone. Seems that more people hate this for then they love it. Me, I’m loving it. It’s great. Of course has some problems, like any other tech product, but overall this phone is SUPER. You have all possible connections (WLan, Edge/3G, Infrared -good for Remote control, Bluetooth). You can do even VNC at high quality thanks to the WLAN. The camera is not the best, but for a business type phone, you don’t need it so much (good pictures/videos on E65 need good light). If you want a better camera than don’t ask for all the other options this phone gives you. The battery is not the best but for giving me the possibility to use WLAN or other options, who cares … just buy an emergency battery charger on ebay with 10$ and you’re good to go. I’ve also heard about the sim card registration failed problem. That thing was annoying for me too. But after two days of having the phone I’ve found out what the problem was. Just add some folded paper (3,4,5,6 times) sim card size on top of the sim card and then you’re set. I guess the engineers of this phone were not so careful when designing it. Anyway overall the phone is A+.
But the plugin for the nokia 5220 isn’t here :S
sorry for my bad english 🙂
what a moron you are. so basically you are saying: “you buy the phone, then you start fiddling with it by pushing paper sheets under the sim card to fix it (when it’s brand new), then you buy a spare battery and an external camera because the ones it comes with are not that great… and you are good to go”.
what a more are you? just buy a phone that has got it all right from the beginning!
wanna buy my car for 1 USD? you just have to add the engine, the doors, wheels and few other things… and you are good to go.. MORON!
Nokia’s website doesn’t have a plug-in for the 2330 classic, and it looks like they’re not going to make one. Doesn’t matter, though, because I’ve made one. You can get it here: